Who are Care Sourcer?
We are an energetic startup based in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland. Our mission is to help people find the right care quickly and without stress, both for private individuals and across health and social care.
Care Sourcer was formed to make a significant impact on people’s lives, during a time when they need help the most.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking to add a creative and friendly designer who thrives on variety to our team.
Finding care for an older person can be an incredibly difficult task. Care seekers need to navigate a new and complex world of options, and make one of the biggest personal decisions of their lives - often under intense time pressure. You’ll directly help that person in their journey to find care, by communicating the benefits of Care Sourcer’s service, helping them quickly learn about their options and making them feel guided and reassured along the way.
You’ll work in cross-functional teams on projects that could vary from an online campaign to designing a newspaper. We’d love to hear from designers who have worked in marketing contexts before and can talk us through the campaigns they’ve worked on and the results those campaigns achieved.
Fundamentally, we’re looking for a designer who cares about putting the user first, and is always helping us remember that it’s the user’s context and needs that matter, whether we’re creating a landing page or a poster.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Creating compelling graphic designs for marketing materials working with existing brand guidelines.
- Taking part in the full creative process, working with others to create innovative solutions to help solve problems for both care seekers and providers.
- Working with internal and external copywriters and marketing specialists to create brochures, email/web templates, digital/print ads, marketing and sales collateral, event materials, blogs and social media campaigns.
- Working and liaising with print companies to ensure optimal print production.
- Helping us evolve and document the Care Sourcer brand identity and ensuring consistent use across the organisation.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Outstanding print and graphic design skills, and experience of brand identity development.
- At least five years of experience working as a designer.
- A well considered portfolio with clear examples of their work and the impact it had.
- Some HTML/CSS experience.
- A passion for collaborating with people and working in a team, especially in a fast-paced environment where things can change quickly.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Great communication skills and can talk about the “why” behind their work.
- The ability to to accept constructive feedback and be flexible when needed.
- Worked in a marketing context before, and ideally can talk about the results of the campaigns they’ve worked on.
To apply please send us your CV and covering letter (this doesn’t have to be exhaustive, but we’d definitely love to hear why you’d like to work with us), and a link to your design portfolio.
Our hiring process usually involves a phone interview, a practical exercise and a visit to our Edinburgh office so you can meet and get to know the Care Sourcer team.
Care Sourcer is still in its early stages, but here's what we can offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground of one of Scotland's most exciting startups and work in Edinburgh, recently ranked “The best city in the world to live” in the Arcadis Sustainability Index. We can assist with relocation costs
- A chance to help tackle one of the biggest problems of our time - an increasingly ageing population who will need care and don't have access to it yet
- Building a meaningful tech platform from the foundations
- A smart, kind group of co-workers who like to play board games at lunchtime
- A company who cares about building an inclusive, collaborative place of work where people can do the best work of their career
- Competitive salary (salary is based on experience - we'll ask you for your salary expectations, feel free to email it with your application, or we can discuss it later in the process once you have a better idea of the role)
- Stock options
Got any questions or would like to chat with one of our team? Please get in touch with [email protected]