Who are Care Sourcer?
We are an energetic startup based in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland. Care Sourcer is the UK’s first comparison and matching site for care and we're on a mission to fix the broken care system.
Who we are looking for
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to join at the beginning of a journey to fix the care industry. By joining as a Product Manager you will be helping the teams unpick the difficult issues in this sector, find answers to one of the biggest societal challenges of our time and to build products which deeply impact lives.
You’ll be operating in a two-sided marketplace. On the consumer side, we find people who are trying to find care for a loved one (or themselves) whilst navigating one of the most complex financial, emotional and personal decisions of their lives. On the provider side, we see a fragmented and underfunded industry which is struggling under the immense demands of an increasingly ageing society. This is a role that deals with real problems and real impact.
This role will be responsible for:
- Ensuring focus on the user and consider anything we build based on the customer value it can deliver.
- Developing and implementing product strategies consistent with Care Sourcer’s company vision and strategic brief.
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of the product, market, and competition.
- Collecting and analysing feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and products.
- Identifying areas for growth and create strategic product roadmaps, capturing work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work and ensure the team is always working on the most impactful projects.
- In-depth knowledge of the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers & product teams; define and frame those problems for the team.
- Collaborating with your team & other PMs in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems.
- Constantly evaluating if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Motivating a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Multiple years experience in a Product Manager role, ideally working on a consumer-facing technology product.
- Previous experience working in an early-stage start-up with a focus on finding product-market fit.
- Experienced in making strategic product decisions where all the data is not necessarily available.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodology for product development.
- A demonstrated track record of leading cross-functionally, actively soliciting input, and then confidently making a decision and execute.
- Collaborative, flexible and adaptable - partnering with other Product Managers to deliver well-scoped solutions that solve the customer problem.
- A clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them. Is comfortable in making decisions without consensus and can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- The ablity to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, as well as high attention to detail.
- Sharp analytical and problem solving skills.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter -- please don’t forget the covering letter, this is the best way we have to get to know you!
Care Sourcer is still in its early stages, but here's what we can offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground of one of Scotland's most exciting startups and work in Edinburgh, recently ranked “The best city in the world to live” in the Arcadis Sustainability Index. We can assist with relocation costs
- A chance to help tackle one of the biggest problems of our time - an increasingly ageing population who will need care and don't have access to it yet
- Building a meaningful tech platform from the foundations
- A smart, kind group of co-workers who like to play board games at lunchtime
- A company who cares about building an inclusive, collaborative place of work where people can do the best work of their career
- Competitive salary (salary is based on experience - we'll ask you for your salary expectations, feel free to email it with your application, or we can discuss it later in the process once you have a better idea of the role)
- Stock options