Director of Finance
Who are Care Sourcer?
Imagine you had the opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing tech firms in Scotland - one that Mark Logan of Skyscanner called "One of UK's most exciting startups".
Care Sourcer is the UK’s first comparison and matching site for care and we're on a mission to fix the broken care system. We are an energetic startup based in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland, and we want to help people find the right care quickly and without stress, both for private individuals and within NHS hospitals.
Care Sourcer have just raised a historic investment of £8.5 million, the largest investment of its kind in Scottish history, and are growing to 100 people by 2020. Would you like to be part of building the team?
Who we are looking for
We’re a well-funded startup with the backing of Legal & General, and an experienced leadership team from the technology and care industries. We have ambitious growth plans and we’re looking for a Finance Director who can join the leadership team to help us make and manage the financial decisions, systems and processes that will support that growth.
You will be responsible for:
- Helping us build and manage a living financial model that forecasts us to our financial goals of break-even and profit
- Creating and defining a framework for making day-to-day spending and hiring decisions that match with our financial and growth goals
- Taking ownership of our billing, invoicing, and the income side of our marketplace so we’re collecting all the revenue we earn
- Implementing and managing budgeting processes, with appropriate levels of control and forecast vs actual analysis
- Writing and submitting financial reports and summaries to the CEO and Board
Our ideal candidate must be:
- A qualified accountant/finance professional with a strong record and business acumen, with general business qualifications who is a member of a recognised accounting institute or body
- Previous experience in working at or with startups where risk and uncertainty is much higher and growth is a priority
- Must have worked in commerce and industry at senior leadership level
- Extensive financial management and commercial experience
- Experience with SME, strategy, systems implementation, tax, fundraising and VC investors
- Strong experience in implementing systems, processes, procedures and operational KPIs
- Ability to work in a data-driven and fast-paced environment
- Ability to strategise and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter -- please don’t forget the covering letter, this is the best way we have to get to know you!
Care Sourcer is still in its early stages, and here's what great things we can offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground of one of Scotland's most exciting startups and work in Edinburgh, recently ranked “The best city in the world to live” in the Arcadis Sustainability Index.
- A chance to help tackle one of the biggest problems of our time - an increasingly ageing population who will need care and don't have access to it yet
- Building a meaningful tech platform from the foundations
- A smart, kind group of co-workers who like to play board games at lunchtime
- A company who cares about building an inclusive, collaborative place of work where people can do the best work of their career
- Competitive salary (negotiable based on experience)
- Stock options