Who are Care Sourcer?
We are an energetic startup based in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland. Care Sourcer is the UK’s first comparison and matching site for care and we're on a mission to fix the broken care system.
Who we are looking for
Care Sourcer is growing rapidly and our IT infrastructure needs to grow and adapt as that happens. That’s why we need you!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Information Technology specialist to join us as an IT Technician. This is a varied role, with responsibility for the IT support and security of all of the Care Sourcer teams. You’ll build a robust and user-friendly IT infrastructure using the very best equipment and software, and be on hand to troubleshoot issues, answer queries and investigate solutions.
As the first member of the IT team you'll need to enjoy the fast-paced, high-growth development phase of a startup. You will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and will work closely with teams from across the business to deliver on the shared business goals.
This is a new role, and you will have the autonomy to shape how Care Sourcer’s IT strategy evolves with the support of the CTO and your smart, collaborative colleagues. Best of all, you’ll be helping people during a very difficult part of their lives, and helping Care Sourcer tackle one of the biggest problems in our society.
This role will be responsible for:
- Setting up and maintaining all Care Sourcer IT hardware and SaaS applications
- On-boarding, off-boarding, and providing technical support for all team members
- Ensuring we follow best practice when it comes to IT and security, and have well written and easily understandable documentation
- Training staff members on key internal applications and security processes
- Delivering IT project initiatives to continue to upgrade and improve our IT infrastructure
- Maintenance of corporate WiFi and other networks
- Keeping an inventory of current IT equipment and ordering new equipment as required
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has over two years’ experience in an IT support role and can demonstrate a strong track record of making a positive impact over that time
- Is experienced at administering Google G Suite and using SaaS products such as Asana, Slack etc.
- Has in-depth knowledge of Apple hardware products and operating systems
- Enjoys providing training and support to people with a broad range of IT abilities
- Is a self starter with the drive to run projects, resolve issues, learn new technologies and manage multiple priorities unaided
- Is always looking for the smartest way to do things, with a love of automating processes where possible
- Is collaborative, friendly, and keen to work together with talented colleagues to solve problems
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter -- please don’t forget the covering letter, this is the best way we have to get to know you!
Care Sourcer is still in its early stages, but here's what we can offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground of one of Scotland's most exciting startups and work in Edinburgh, recently ranked “The best city in the world to live” in the Arcadis Sustainability Index
- A chance to help tackle one of the biggest problems of our time - an increasingly ageing population who will need care and don't have access to it yet
- Building a meaningful tech platform from the foundations
- A smart, kind group of co-workers who like to play board games at lunchtime
- A company who cares about building an inclusive, collaborative place of work where people can do the best work of their career
- Competitive salary (salary is based on experience - we'll ask you for your salary expectations, feel free to email it with your application, or we can discuss it later in the process once you have a better idea of the role)
- Stock options