Director of Content & SEO
Who are Care Sourcer?
We are an energetic startup based in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland. Care Sourcer is the UK’s first comparison and matching site for care and we're on a mission to fix the broken care system.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime job, and even Rand Fishkin has tweeted about it!
Who we are looking for
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced SEO expert - the challenge of creating a brand-new presence in a search marketplace that doesn’t have a lot of dominant players yet, and the ability to add a huge amount of value with your work. As Care Sourcer’s Director of Content & SEO, you have the unique opportunity to build a content and SEO strategy from the ground up.
We’re on a mission to fix the broken care industry, and a huge part of that mission is to demystify the confusing, frustrating and often opaque processes that people have to go through to find and select care. You will create the tools, content and pages needed to support these care seekers in any way we can, pulling from the data we have on our marketplace and the care expertise of our team.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where you can lead a test-and-learn strategy, working closely with designers, engineers, marketers and care experts to brainstorm and execute activity to validate your ideas.
This is a new role, and you will have the autonomy to shape how Care Sourcer’s SEO strategy evolves with the support of the Chief Marketing Officer and your smart, collaborative colleagues. Best of all, you’ll be helping people during a very difficult part of their lives, and helping Care Sourcer tackle one of the biggest problems in our society.
This role will be responsible for:
- Take ownership of our CMS platform, working with our internal and external technical teams to define what you need for success
- Own the SEO and content strategy, working with the wider team to identify key points in the user’s journey and where SEO and content contributes
- Create (and then manage a team to create) the content, landing pages, videos, partnerships, or any other assets/relationships needed for your SEO strategy, working within our cross-functional teams and any external contractors as required.
- Collaborate closely with our Director of Growth to share keyword insights, coordinate joint activity, share best practice, and generally develop an overall SEM strategy together
- Direct our PR strategy for SEO, working with an external agency
- Monitor and measure performance and forecasting of SEO as an acquisition channel
- Serve as the SEO ambassador within Care Sourcer, identifying opportunities for the teams, and educating team members about SEO’s potential
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has over five years’ experience working as a search marketer and can demonstrate a track record of building growth in organic rankings and acquisition
- Is an excellent writer and editor (and has an opinion about the Oxford comma!)
- Has experience with content design/content strategy, and ideally has built up a large-scale content library to rank for organic search terms
- Has experience in optimising high-intent, location-based landing pages
- Has a good understanding of technical SEO and can work with both internal and external partners to optimise this regularly.
- Is very numerate and can confidently forecast a target keyword portfolio’s potential impact on acquisition
- Is collaborative, friendly and is keen to work together with talented colleagues to solve problems
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter -- please don’t forget the covering letter, this is the best way we have to get to know you!
Care Sourcer is still in its early stages, but here's what we can offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground of one of Scotland's most exciting startups and work in Edinburgh, recently ranked “The best city in the world to live” in the Arcadis Sustainability Index. We can assist with relocation costs
- A chance to help tackle one of the biggest problems of our time - an increasingly ageing population who will need care and don't have access to it yet
- Building a meaningful tech platform from the foundations
- A smart, kind group of co-workers who like to play board games at lunchtime
- A company who cares about building an inclusive, collaborative place of work where people can do the best work of their career
- Competitive salary (salary is based on experience - we'll ask you for your salary expectations, feel free to email it with your application, or we can discuss it later in the process once you have a better idea of the role)
- Stock options