Who are Care Sourcer?
We are an energetic startup based in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland. Our mission is to help people find the right care quickly and without stress, both for private individuals and across health and social care.
Care Sourcer was formed to make a significant impact on people’s lives, during a time when they need help the most.
Who we are looking for:
We're looking for a software engineer who wants to help build and shape the future direction of Care Sourcer, someone who is passionate about using their technical skills and capabilities to have a positive impact on our society. If you want to use your powers for good, this is the company for you!
You’ll join a small but growing technical team, so we’re looking for people who enjoy teamwork and collaboration, thrive with change and variety, and are excited at the prospect of building a life-changing product through a combination of experimentation and data-driven decision making.
You'll be working with a group of smart, curious people who are keen to learn quickly and find the balance between building a high-quality product and having a practical approach to new commercial opportunities as they come up.
This role will be responsible for:
- Building the long term platform for Care Sourcer
- Working across both the front end and back end of our product with:
- Ruby on Rails
- Amazon Web Services
- Using automated tests and continuous delivery to rapidly iterate
- Interacting within cross-functional teams to gain deep understanding of Care Sourcer’s product and users
- Reviewing code from other team members
- Participating in team- and company-wide retrospectives and planning
- Helping to develop the team by sharing knowledge and experience
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has over two years’ experience in an software engineering role and can demonstrate a strong track record of making a positive impact over that time
- Has experience of building and testing software applications
- Is a self starter with the drive to resolve issues, learn new technologies and manage multiple priorities unaided
- Is always looking for the smartest way to do things, with a love of automating processes where possible
- Is collaborative, friendly, and keen to work together with talented colleagues to solve problems
Please apply with a covering letter explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Don’t forget the covering letter - it’s our best way of getting to know you!
Care Sourcer is still in its early stages, but here's what we can offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground of one of Scotland's most exciting startups and work in Edinburgh, recently ranked “The best city in the world to live” in the Arcadis Sustainability Index. We can assist with relocation costs
- A chance to help tackle one of the biggest problems of our time - an increasingly ageing population who will need care and don't have access to it yet
- Building a meaningful tech platform from the foundations
- A smart, kind group of co-workers who like to play board games at lunchtime
- A company who cares about building an inclusive, collaborative place of work where people can do the best work of their career
- Competitive salary (salary is based on experience - we'll ask you for your salary expectations, feel free to email it with your application, or we can discuss it later in the process once you have a better idea of the role)
- Stock options