Ruby on Rails Engineer
Who are Care Sourcer?
We are a young, energetic startup based in the heart of Edinburgh, Scotland. Our mission is to help people find the right care quickly and without stress, both for private individuals and within NHS hospitals.
Care Sourcer was formed to make a significantly positive impact on people’s lives, during a time when they need help the most.
Who we are looking for
We're looking for a Ruby on Rails engineer who wants to help build and shape the future direction of Care Sourcer, an exciting technology company who are making a real difference in people's lives by helping them find care.
Care Sourcer is a startup with significant investment and looking for people who are passionate about using their technical skills and capabilities to have a positive impact on our society. If you want to use your powers for good, this is the company for you!
You will be one of the first members of the technical team so we're looking for people who enjoy the fast-paced, high growth development phase of a company, who like working in a fast 'build-test-learn' cycle and who have an appetite for data-driven decision making.
You'll be working with a group of smart, curious people who are keen to learn quickly and find the balance between building a high-quality product and having a practical approach to new commercial opportunities as they come up.
What you'll do
You'll be joining a small dedicated team tasked with building the long term platform for Care Sourcer. The majority of the existing platform is written in PHP but is being transitioned across to Ruby on Rails, so this is a perfect opportunity for someone who wants to get in at the beginning and build an exciting product that can scale.
You'll work across both the front end and back end of our product, using automated tests and continuous delivery to rapidly iterate on the product.
Technologies you'll primarily use:
- Ruby on Rails
- Amazon Web Services
Care Sourcer is still in its early stages, so first, here's a few things that we can't offer you yet:
- Fancy chairs (we have IKEA's finest - they're surprisingly comfortable!)
- A super-fancy office (we're at CodeBase - our views are amazing though!)
Here's what we can offer:
- A chance to get in on the ground of one of Scotland's most exciting startups
- A chance to help people in one of the most difficult parts of their lives
- A chance to help tackle one of the biggest problems of our time, an increasingly ageing population who will need care and don't have access to it yet
- A chance to help build a meaningful tech platform from the foundations
- A smart, kind group of co-workers who like to play board games at lunchtime
- A company who cares about building an inclusive, collaborative place of work where people can do the best work of their career
- Competitive salary
- Stock options